This term we are learning about Harvest festival, particularly how it is celebrated throughout the world.
The aim of this unit is to:
- Explore further the meaning and purpose of Harvest Festival celebrations building on knowledge from KS1
- Why do we celebrate harvest?
- How do we celebrate harvest?
- What do we celebrate at harvest?
- What are we actually giving thanks for?
- When do we celebrate harvest?
- Who celebrates the harvest?
- How is the harvest celebrated around the world?
- Why is the harvest celebrated by everyone?
We having been learning about he Jewish Festival Sukkot. We made a Sukkah which is a booth, like the one Moses used in the dessert. Some of the children made a sukkah from lego.