Live | Laugh | Learn
We are a distinctive, inclusive, Christian school, where everyone is welcomed and valued. We aim to nurture and develop opportunities for life long learning. We come together in a friendly, creative community to develop our cultural lives and abilities through:
, Sports Our children represent the future of our society and our global community. The aim of our school is to fully develop every child intellectually, morally, emotionally and physically and promote independence. We believe that every day is a day in which a child can strive to fulfill their potential, and one in which they children can learn to know God and find ways of speaking to Him.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Providing a broad, balanced and creative curriculum, enabling all pupils to achieve and enjoy.
- Setting high expectations and giving every learner confidence that they can succeed.
- Developing an ethos of mutual respect and co-operation.
- Creating a trusting environment in which children feel happy, included, secure and valued.
- Encouraging all members of the school community to contribute to building and sustaining success.
- Promoting links with the wider community and encouraging respect and understanding for our diverse society.
- Celebrating the achievements of all children and members of our community.
We will achieve this through partnership with parents, staff, governors and the wider community.
The outcomes will be:
- The learner will develop their skills within a happy atmosphere.
- Children will be prepared to play an active role in our community and the wider world.
- The children will know and understand the beliefs and traditions of the Christian faith.
- For the children to deepen and develop their faith and find different ways of speaking to Jesus.
- The children have an understanding and appreciation of other beliefs and cultures.
- A safe learning environment in which children feel secure, and where self-esteem, confidence and respect, both for self and for others, can be promoted.
- A learning community in which individual needs and talents are recognised, valued and success is celebrated.
- Our school is a place where children want to be.
- To be recognised as an outstanding school that provides a stimulating, creative and dynamic learning environment that strives for excellence.
People should leave St. Cleopas with their understanding deepened, their minds enriched and their hearts inspired, so that they love learning and embrace the challenges of the future.
St Cleopas is a thriving inner city school. It is part of the City and North Neighbourhood. We have also been awarded the Basic Skills Quality Mark, Investors in People (including Leadership and Management module), the Healthy Schools Award and a certificate for taking part in the EEL project (Effective Early Learning).
Curriculum Awards include Arts Mark Silver, Liverpool Counts Quality Mark, Church School Partnership Award, Liverpool Reading Quality Mark, Science Quality Mark, PE Quality Mark International Schools Status, Dyslexia Friendly, Advanced Inclusion CharterMark, Peer Mediators Level 3, Fairtrade Schools, Eco-Friendly Green Flag, Liverpool Recycling Award and Bike It! Bronze Award.
The school has changed from open plan in design with only one separate classroom and a Nursery to separate classrooms, an Eco-build and an extra wing. The displays are lively and stimulating whilst the overall atmosphere gives a sense of calm and security.
Close links are forged with the wider community. The school has a firm commitment to Christian values, which is reflected in the Mission Statement and more practically, in the moral values reinforced by the staff and the weekly visits by the Vicar. Parents are encouraged to help in the classes and regular courses are organised for them.
The school extends children’s experiences through organising and funding regular outings to enhance the curriculum and provide awards for behaviour and attendance.
As a one and a half form entry school; St Cleopas is a school that demonstrates a strong team dynamic. The staff work extremely hard to raise not only academic standards but also to encourage acceptance and respect between the children.
Extremely high expectations are set in all areas and any talent that is demonstrated is celebrated and treated with a sense of worth.
This positive and enthusiastic approach is due to the fact that all staff members are completely committed to the children. Any action or decision that is made is done so with the child’s best interests in mind and for their benefit.