Home Page

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ’s  Frequently Asked Questions


How much is Dinner Money?

Lunch is free to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 only. Lunches are charged at £1.80 per day for children in Year 3 to Year 6. However if your child/children are eligible for free school meals or your circumstances change please apply. Please visit the Liverpool City Council website:

Can I change from hot dinner to a packed lunch?

Yes, you can change from a hot dinner to a packed lunch but this must be done on a termly basis as our lunch time team need to order enough food to provide for the children.


What time does school start?    
Nursery - 8:30am.         School - 8:55am (there is a bell at 8.50 am and children should line up at this point and wait for their class teacher to arrive. 


Will my child have to wear a uniform?
Yes  - please see the section on school uniform on the website.


Where can I buy school uniform?

Brigade Uniform Direct

You can order online here:

Tel: 024 7642 1083


Where do I drop my child off in the morning?
Main school yard. There is a bell at 8.50 am when the children should line up ready for their teacher.  The school day begins at 8.55 am.


Where do I collect my child from?
Your child’s class, the class teacher will release them once they have seen an adult.


When do things need paying for?
You will be notified by letters if anything needs paying for eg. School trips.


What should my child bring to school each day?
Coat/Jacket & hat in the summer.


Will I know if my child has done something against the rules?
Minor incidents are dealt with in school, you will be informed of anything more serious.


What if I’m late picking up?
If you are late picking up your child please inform the school as soon as you become aware this is going to happen. If we are unable to contact you we will then try any other contacts we have on record for your children).


What if I’m late getting into school?

If you arrive after 8:55am please report to the school office.


What do I do if my child goes to Breakfast Club?
Bring them to breakfast club to be signed in from 8am. The cost for this is £1 per day.


At what time can I phone to tell the office my child is unwell?
From 8:30am.


Where will the nursery children be collected from?
The nursery.


What should go in my child’s book bag every day and what is needed on particular days?
Reading record book and book, every day.

Reception School Bag: -

●Weekly Phonics on a Thursday or Friday

●Maths to be sent home every other Friday and returned on a Monday

●Home reading Book everyday

Year 1 School bag:-

●Weekly Spellings

●Weekly Phonics sheet

●Book bag with home reading book to be returned daily and swapped once a week

Year 2 School bag: -

●Weekly spellings

●Book bag with home reading book to be returned daily and swapped at least once a week

●P.E. Monday afternoon

Year 3 School bag: -

●Homework will be sent home on a Friday and needs to be returned the following Wednesday

●Book bag to be returned daily and swapped once per week

Year 4 School bag:-

●Spellings will be sent home on a Wednesday and are to be returned on a Friday

●Book bag with home reading book to be returned daily and swapped once a week

Year 5 School bag: - 

●Homework is sent home on a Monday and needs to be returned on a Friday

●Book bag to be returned daily and swapped once per week

●P.E. Monday and swimming on Tuesday (PM)

Year 6 School bag:-

●Homework is sent home on a Monday and needs to be returned on a Friday

●Swimming is on a Tuesday

●P.E is on a Wednesday


What happens if my child has an accident (wets him/herself)?  
A member of staff will take care of your child and find spare clothes to wear.


What happens if my child has a medical appointment?
All appointments need to be cleared by the school, you can then collect your child and return them after.


What do I do if my child needs to be given medicine during the day?
Forms must be completed in advance. Medical log kept in the school office.


What do I do if my child has nits?
Treat with appropriate treatment and keep off school until clear.

What do I do if I have to collect my child during the school day for an appointment? Provide correct details to the office.


Where can I find information about the staff of the school?
Meet the staff section on the school website.


Where can I find out when different events are taking place?
Calendar section on the school website.


What is the school's homework policy?
This varies from year to year. (See year section above)


Where can I find the most recent newsletter or weekly note?
Website or letter home from child.


How do I arrange a meeting with my child's teacher?
Ring office to see if this is possible or speak to child’s teacher.


How do I find out about the curriculum?
Class teacher and website.


Can I help in the classroom?
Yes, we are always looking for additional adult support in our class rooms. Please see Miss R Frain the Head of the school.


My child is having difficulty making friends?
You can discuss this with your child’s class teacher and they will be able to advise you on this.


It’s my child’s birthday, what do I do?
Most children bring a cake into school to share with their classmates, however it is entirely upto you.


What if I lose or damage the school’s reading or library book?
We encourage all children to take care of and respect school property. If a situation arose where a genuine loss or damage to school property happened we will take no action.


What if my child is going home with someone else?
Inform the school as they will not release them without your permission. (Phone call or writing)


Should I label everything?


What if my child loses something?
Inform class teacher and they will look in the classroom.


How can I avoid missing events?
School calendar/ letters from home.


Can my child bring toys into school?


Can I keep my child off for a non-medical reason?
What constitutes authorised or unauthorised absence?

We ask all parents/careers to inform the school if your child will not be present on any particular day. An authorised absence means you have informed the school in advance if your child will be attending a medical appointment. If you do not inform us that your child will be absent from school this is classed as an unauthorised absence.


What is a ‘mufti’ day?
Own clothes day.


How long do the children get to eat lunch?
Infants 11:45 - 12:30.   Juniors 12:30 - 1:15.


What do they get in their cooked meal?
Menu’s are sent home.


What happens if my child does not like their lunch?
They will be encouraged to try what they have been given, if not we will offer an alternative.


Why is my child being offered milk and fruit or vegetables?
We are a healthy school and offer healthy options.


What do buddies and prefects do?
Buddies and prefects are put in place to help take care and look after others who may be finding it hard to settle into school and they are people the children can go talk to, this makes the school a safer and more enjoyable place to visit.


How do I pay for lunch and by when?
School lunches are free to all children.


How is my child prepared for moving into Year R or on to their next class?
Come and met your new teacher and see your new class.


What happens on school trips?
Letters will be sent home about school trips and more details will be given.


When do we teach swimming?
This will vary from each year group.


How do I get involved with the school?
We are always looking to have more parent volunteers on board, please ask reception to speak to Mrs. Frain (headteacher)


What clubs are there?
Breakfast club, maths club, cross country club, many more coming soon. (check website and letters home for more details)


What other performances are there?
School performances such as Christmas plays will be updated on the calendar section of the school website and letters sent home.


What is “Sports Day”?
A day when children throughout the school compete against each other in many different activities and sports, and most of all have an enjoyable and fun day.


What should I do if I think my child is having trouble learning?
Speak to your child’s class teacher.


Can my child learn a musical instrument at school?
Ukulele lessons are on a Wednesday afternoon


What are Parents Consultation Evenings?
This is a chance for parents to come into school and chat with your child’s teacher about progress or any concerns.


Does my child have to pay for milk?
Nursery - Free. Reception, Y1, Y2 - 75p per child, per week


Have you got a question to add to the above list
please let us know!