St Cleopas aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Our Christian values are at the heart of everything we do. They underpin our school mission statement which is to, through God’s love:
- Provide a secure, warm and welcoming environment where learning is valued and encouraged.
- With the community of St Cleopas Church and through our Worship, seek to help children to know God and find ways of relating to Him.
- Develop respect and awareness of other faiths and worldviews.
- Ensure that all are treated equally and according to each person’s need.
- Foster co-operation between staff, pupils and parents/carers – we look to ‘Live, Laugh and Learn’ together.
- Allow every child to find their strengths and build upon them.
We work through 18 values which are embedded in the life, work and ethos of the school and its community. They are: Thankfulness, Trust, Perseverance, Justice, Service, Truthfulness, Generosity, Compassion, Courage, Forgiveness, Friendship, and Respect. We focus on one value each half term over a three-year cycle.
These values are clear in everything we do and how we operate. They reflect the core ideology of our school and do not change over time. The person you are is an expression of these values. They determine how you think and what you do. They shape your purpose and determine your vision. They establish your character and are hugely important to who you are. Values are what we live, breathe and these are reflected in our day-to-day activities.