a If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
Start the Admissions process for St Cleopas by clicking on the link above
Children start in our Reception class in the September of the year they turn five. At St Cleopas we admit a maximum of 45 children into Reception and applications should be made to the LA by the beginning of February. If more than 45 children apply then priority will be given on the following basis:
- Children with exceptional medical/social needs including children in need (as determined by Section 17 (10) of the Children Act 1989) and children with Statements of Special Educational Needs, where the preferred school is named in the statement, including ‘Looked After Children’ i.e. children in care of the Local Authority.
- Children who will have a sister or brother in the Infant department when they are due to start school.
- Children who will have a sister or brother in the Junior department when they are due to start school.
- Children whose permanent home address is closest to the school
Unfortunately, if your child attends our Nursery this does not automatically guarantee them a place in Reception. Parents will be informed if they have been allocated a place in April.
St Cleopas has 1 and 1/2 classes per year group. Children may experience a mixed age class and possibly more than once .
- Liverpool’s local offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) their parents or carers – all in one place. Find out more about SEND reforms and keep up to date with the scope of the local offer as it develops and grows. Find out more about SEND reforms and keep up to date with the scope of the local offer as it develops and grows.